Some users have reported issues using Crystal Reports since updating to Windows 10. In response, Arena has migrated our Crystal reports away from ODBC to ACE OLEDB provider and we released a patch with this update. Below, we've listed out the related patch notes for your review, and you can download the latest version by clicking here.
As with previous versions of Arena, it is critical that the Arena software and the Microsoft Office use the same bit version of software, e.g. 32-bit or 64-bit. This requirement has become even more significant with this new Arena release as automatically applied Windows updates can cause conflicts when different bit versions of software are installed on the same machine.
When installing this patch, you may need to uninstall the Microsoft Access database engine 2016. See below to determine if this is the case in your situation.
- If you are updating to the same bit version of Arena (e.g. 64-bit to 64-bit), there is no need to uninstall the Microsoft Access database engine prior to installing the patch.
- You may need to uninstall Arena prior to installing the new version.
- If you are updating to a different bit version of Arena (e.g. Arena 32-bit to Arena 64-bit) you will need to manually uninstall software before starting the patch installation.
- Uninstall Arena first.
- Next, uninstall the Microsoft Access database engine prior to updating, via ‘Add or Remove Programs’ or ‘Programs and Features’ on the Control Panel.
- Install Arena.
- Due to these changes, you may need to repair Microsoft Office due to conflicts with the Microsoft Access database engine and Crystal reports. To repair Office, consult your IT department.